After a hiatus, I have decided to bring this site back as a Tumblr site. This old blogger hosted site will be using the webofgoodnews.blogspot.com domain, but will not be updated anymore (the RSS feeds in the sidebar update automatically though). I have moved the old postings from here over to Tumblr and have already started posting new stuff. To follow the new Web of Good news, visit Webofgoodnews.com (or webofgoodnews.tumblr.com).


Thursday, December 27, 2012

Anonymous family pays $211 grocery bill

An Iowa family received a gift they said they will never forget.

Ruby Modlin was grocery shopping at the Walmart with her family Friday night, picking up items to make cookies and other holiday food with her grandchildren when she noticed a man following her around the store.

"I kept noticing this man, and I'd smile at him," Modlin said.

Modlin thought maybe she graduated from high school with the man, but when she got to the checkout counter and her husband was about to pay, the man stepped in front of her to swipe his credit card.

"I said, ‘What?’ He said, ‘I’m paying for this.’ I said, ‘No, you’re not.’ He said, 'Yes, I am,’” Modlin said.

The man paid, and then handed her the receipt for $211, saying, “Merry Christmas!”

Read more and see video at KCCI

No comments:

Post a Comment